I’m feeling what I can only describe as “scattered” lately, and a little isolated from the greater world out there. So here, have a list of things I’m keeping myself occupied with:
- Loosely outlined, and now making notes for a story that’s been sitting in the back of my mind for a year or so which has suddenly decided it would be having my attention now thankyouverymuch.
- Also trying out this character interview exercise, which has been interesting so far.
- Compiling lists of all the projects I’ve actively worked on over the last two to three years — long-format stories, short ones, and items in the conceptual/purely notes phase — so that I can try and get them all outlined as well in the near future. Now that I’m looking at them all at once, there are… a lot. I’m not sure how more prolific authors manage to keep up with all their different stories. O.o
- Gathering notes from all the above-mentioned projects into one book/organizer that’s easy to keep on me and add to. I suspect this one’s going to take a while, and will involve a lot of digging through tons of notebooks and loose papers, and hunting for text files on my backup harddrive.
- Web design stuff for MCAH, which has been kind of fun so far. I feel like it’s coming along pretty well.
Tangentialy related to creative stuff:
- Starting up another round of house redecoration; picking out paints for the two bathrooms; finally acquiring the tools needed to unmangle the lawn and keep it that way; going through/clearing out boxes that are still hanging around from the move last year.
- Revving up for my birthday this year, for which I’m taking a 5-day weekend. Not sure exactly what I’ll end up doing. Paul and I have been kicking around the idea of a roadtrip, or getting a fancy hotel room in Midtown Atlanta somewhere and just doing all the cool stuff that there is to do, though it’d be awesome to do a movie night or something and have a bunch of people over.
- Sharing the love a little since my tax return was awesome this year. Supporting some awesome Kickstarters and a campaign on Indiegogo called Alice Assassin (with 19 days left, and $1997 to go til it funds!), helping to fund Black Blossom postings and sponsoring poetry. There may be some other stuff I’m forgetting.
So yeah. That’s what I’ve been up to the past few weeks.